Professional and friendly legal advice for all family, divorce and civil partnership law matters.
Having to seek help for family law issues is never pleasant. R.T. Law provides practical, discreet and efficient family law services in all aspects of divorce, separation, child law, civil partnerships, domestic violence and resolution of financial disputes for married couples, unmarried couples and civil partnerships. We are here to advise you on the best course of action for you and your family.
For family law matters our fees are fully explained immediately upon taking instructions.
We understand that divorce and separation is an emotional and often distressing experience. We at R.T. Law are here to help you understand the difficult legal issues that might arise.
Costs and Fixed Fee Arrangements
Perhaps the most important concerns surrounding your divorce, separation or breakdown of your civil partnership is the cost of resolving matters. Our fees are explained immediately upon meeting you. We routinely offer the first thirty minute interview FREE OF CHARGE to you so to consider and explain the outline issues that need to be addressed. Some of our work is carried out on a FIXED FEE BASIS and this is often the type of costs arrangement that we will enter into with you when representing you before a District Judge in the Divorce or County Court. We discuss our fees with you and try, in each case, to tailor our charges to suit the type and complexity of your case.
You will be advised by the firm's Principal Solicitor who has practised in all areas of family law in respect of matrimonial finances, child law and domestic violence upon divorce and in all aspects of separating unmarried couples.
• Do you have grounds to divorce?
• Are you in a short or a long term marriage?
• How will you decide what to do with the family home?
• How will you be re-housed?
• Will you be paying maintenance and if so, how much and for how long?
• Are you fearful or frightened of your husband/wife/partner? Do you need a remedy to prevent domestic violence?
• What happens to your pension?
• Will you have to share your pension fund?
• How will your assets be shared and what will happen to any second property?
• How will you deal with the best interests of your children?
• Do you need to protect your income position until all matters are resolved?
• Did you bring assets into your marriage or perhaps inherit them? Are these assets unique and special to you? How can they be protected or
• Are you unmarried and co-habiting?
• Has your relationship ended?
• How do you resolve the matter of your home that might be jointly owned or owned by only one of you?
• How does child law affect you?
• Do you have parental responsibility for your children?
Pre-Nuptial Agreements and Separation Agreements
• Are you about to marry and giving consideration to arranging your money and assets before you do?
• Have you considered a pre-nuptial agreement?
• Is your existing pre-nuptial agreement binding and valid?
• Have you recently married and only just giving consideration to money and property matters?
• Have you separated already and need advice upon a separation agreement?
Same sex relationships / Civil Partnerships
• Are you in a same sex relationship that has ended or about to end?
• Do you have a formal civil partnership?
• How do you divide money and assets upon ending your same sex relationship or civil partnership?
• How are your children affected by your separation and who shall they live with?
We believe that we offer an exceptional quality of general family, family finance and child law advice across the full range of family law issues. Our aim is to help you resolve difficult and emotional issues. Family disputes are emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting. We endeavour to handle the process as quickly and sensitively as we can.
If you would like to speak with our Solicitor then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and a member of staff will assist you to obtain early advice.